EERI’s Student Awards Committee is excited to offer its Annual Undergraduate Student Paper Competition. This competition encourages the active involvement of students in earthquake engineering and the earthquake hazards community and allows emerging experts to share their research. The prize for each winner is a trip to the EERI Annual Meeting, recognition during the Institute’s Awards Ceremony, and the opportunity to meet and network with peers and experts in the field.
Deadline: Thursday, October 1, 2020, at 11:59 pm PT. Click here to access the submission form.
- The paper must not exceed four (4) pages in length inclusive of all figures, tables, photographs, appendices, and list of references. Please note: final papers from other programs, such as REU’s, will be accepted if shortened to 4 pages.
- The paper must be authored by the student alone. A faculty member or other advisor can provide feedback before submission of the paper but may not co-author the paper. The advisor’s name should be included in the “acknowledgments” section of the paper.
- Applicants must be enrolled at an accredited U.S. college or university and must be U.S. residents.
- Free registration to the EERI Annual Meeting
- Recognition during the Institute’s Awards Ceremony
- Up to $1,000 to cover airfare, ground transportation, and hotel costs associated with attending the meeting.