Mark your calendar — we’re excited to announce the 2021 EERI Annual Meeting will take place virtually from March 23-25, 2021! The new virtual format will provide an interactive experience with timely and engaging content to help you connect, learn, and lead — all from the comfort of your home or office.
EERI and the Annual Meeting Organizing Committee ask members to help shape the program agenda to best serve your needs and our community by submitting a session proposal.
We’re seeking sessions proposals covering diverse disciplines such as structural and geotechnical engineering, seismology and earth science, lifelines, risk modeling and insurance, policy, social science, architecture, planning, and emergency management. Sessions will be 50 minutes of content in a variety of formats, including but not limited to:
- 3-4 person moderated panel discussion with audience participation.
- Facilitated audience (or small group) discussion on interesting and timely topics.
- Three 15-minute presentations or two 25-minute presentations with Q&A.
- Lightning format of 3-5 slide presentations within 5 minutes each for a total of ~10 presenters.
- 3-4 mini-presentations (total of ~20 minutes) or single presentation (~20 minutes) followed with interactive discussion and audience sharing on the topic.
- A highly interactive format such as a debate or game.
We’re particularly interested in sessions that approach a topic with a multidisciplinary lense and/or merge perspectives from academia and practice.
Submit your session proposal today! The deadline to submit is Friday, October 16, 2020. No conference papers will be accepted or required. In place of formal proceedings, we will record and post presentations on the meeting website for attendees to view on-demand.
Presenters will be responsible for their own meeting registration fees. We expect to provide a limited number of registration grants for students, early-career academics, and professionals. We look forward to your participation in our very first virtual annual meeting and can’t wait to share more details as they become available.