Being on an event Organizing Committee is an exciting, unique opportunity to connect, learn, and lead all at the same time. Here’s what your colleagues say about organizing the 2021 Annual Meeting:
- “I thought it was a great avenue for me to exercise, utilize, and offer my organizational skills to the benefit of our community. It allowed me to interact with a diverse group of individuals I wouldn't otherwise get to know.”
- “I thought it was a great opportunity to network with others and continue to be involved in EERI.”
- “I got a lot out of the process because I was involved in a panel that I was passionate about.”
Held once every four years, the Twelfth U.S. National Conference on Earthquake Engineering (12NCEE) is a unique opportunity for researchers and practitioners to share the latest knowledge and techniques to understand and mitigate the damaging effects of earthquakes and tsunamis. Plus, it will be held in person in summer 2022 to allow the earthquake community to reconnect as recovery from the COVID-19 health pandemic continues. You can be part of leading the program design, developing fun special events, coordinating a rich exhibit filled with incredible sponsors, and much more!
The 12NCEE Organizing Committee needs a full and diverse range of EERI member volunteers, from emerging leaders to experienced professionals, to fill many different roles. We have designed the committee structure to contain many specific leadership positions that provide extensive opportunities for networking and visibility.
- Read about all the positions available and the anticipated time commitment.
- Fill out your interest form.
Thank you in advance for helping us design a 12NCEE experience and comprehensive program that will facilitate synergy between earthquake scientists, engineers, and policy professionals from the United States and around the world. We can’t wait to see everyone in Salt Lake City.