EERI is currently accepting applications for the positions of President-Elect and Director to serve on the EERI Board of Directors. The EERI Board of Directors is the central decision making body for the organization. The Board represents the interests of the membership and provides guidance and direction so that EERI can fulfill its mission and reflect its core values, while maintaining accountability and fulfilling its responsibilities to the community, its members, and government.
The application deadline is July 2, 2021 at 11:59 pm Pacific Time. Applications will be reviewed by the 2021 Nominating Committee and finalists may be invited for an informal interview. Eligible applicants are Regular Members, Young Professional Members, Retired Members, Subscribing Members Representatives, and Honorary Members in good standing.
The committee will select one applicant for President-Elect and four applicants for the two open Director positions to be candidates in the 2022 Board of Directors Election, which takes place in October 2021. The final election of President-Elect and two Directors will be announced in early December 2021. The four year Director and President terms will begin at the first board meeting of 2022, typically in March.
All applicants should carefully read the EERI Board Member Roles and Responsibilities document to learn more about the time commitment, legal obligations, and the desired qualities for each board member.
In addition, the Nominating Committee is particularly interested in applicants who:
- Are located in the Central US or Midwest (including Utah)
- Represent a non-engineering discipline, especially the Earth Sciences (e.g. Seismology and Geology), Architecture, Planning, Social Science, Public Health, Risk Analysis, Lifelines, and/or Public Policy.
- Work in government (State, Regional, or Local)
- Would enhance the racial diversity of the Board
- Would enhance the Board’s perspective on international issues
- Lives in the Americas
To be considered, please submit a written statement (about 750 words total) and a cv or resume using this form. The written statement should include the following items:
- Why are you interested in serving on the EERI Board?
- What accomplishments do you have that would help you succeed as an EERI Board Member?
- How will you fulfill the general Desired Qualities for Each Board Member? These are listed in the EERI Board Member Roles and Responsibilities document.
- What is your vision for the future of EERI?
- Anything else you would like the selection committee to consider when reviewing your application
Applications will be reviewed by the 2021 Nominating Committee:
- Danielle Mieler, Chair
- Judy Mitrani-Reiser
- David Wald
- Anne Wein
- Barry Welliver
- David Cocke
- Heidi Tremayne
- Silvana Cobos