What is the YMC?
The Younger Members Committee (YMC) is a group of interdisciplinary graduate students and early-career earthquake professionals and academics within the Earthquake Engineering Research Institute. The YMC provides professional development and networking opportunities, fosters pathways to career-long involvement with the Earthquake Engineering Research Institute (EERI), and promotes peer-to-peer collaboration.
Who can join the YMC?
The YMC welcomes graduate students and young professionals from all industries and backgrounds with a stake in promoting seismic safety. Members are either under 35 or are 5 years removed from completion of their most recent degree, whichever is less restricting.
Why should I get involved?
- Promotes contributions of its members to the wider EERI community
- Opportunities for interdisciplinary collaboration
- Free access to informative webinars, workshops, and networking events
- Gain experience leading committee initiatives
- Provides a path to other EERI committees
- An open and welcoming environment